Friday 5 April 2013

For Good Measure

I will admit it... The units for measurement in my recipes are a bit all over the place. Sometimes I will use cup, sometimes, ml, sometimes items, such as "1 can of". The reason being is that many ingredients will come in set amounts, such as cream or sour cream (usually 250gm) where I live, but I assume those "fixed amounts" will be different in other countries, hence the "ml" or "mg" of the content. I'm gonna go on a limb and hope that cans are equally big around the world.
 Some loose ingredients such as flour or milk will come from a bigger container and instead of going for the painful xxxml, "1 cup" sounds much better... If you  find something to be lacking or too much in a recipe, just trust your gut and learn as you go.  

One way or the other, I strongly suggest getting one of these measuring cups that show metric, as well as the "cup" measurements. They make life easy and will stay with you & your cooking for a loooong time. 

Other measurements:
Tbsp = Table Spoon
Tsp = Tea Spoon


No comments:

Post a Comment